Fulfillment warehouses are storage facilities designed to store products until a customer places an order. Fulfillment warehouses, also known as fulfillment centers, are run by third-party logistics (3PL) companies. These providers usually offer a package of services, including pick and pack fulfillment, inventory storage, shipping, and returns management.
A fulfillment warehouse enables merchants to outsource the order fulfillment process. Not only does this reduce administrative tasks for staff, but it can also save money through bulk shipping discounts and packing supplies. Fulfillment warehouses also enable merchants to avoid expensive leases on large storage spaces, thereby reducing their capital expenditures. Companies can also avoid purchasing and maintaining depreciating heavy equipment.
ShipBob is an affordable fulfillment center with many fulfillment warehouses strategically placed across the country (e.g., Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Dallas), with many more popping up in the coming years.
ShipBob is priced so that you are charged for only three events:
- When you send products to unpack at their warehouses
- When ShipBob stores your products
- When your products are shipped out from a ShipBob warehouse.
With ShipBob, there are no hidden fees, onboarding costs, or additional charges for other services or supplies. ShipBob is proud to offer its clients a wide range of complimentary services, including:
- Distributed inventory. Keep your product(s) in any combination of ShipBob’s warehouses, so they’re closer to the your customer. This saves you money and your customers get their orders faster. A true win/win.
- Branded packaging. Do you have branded packaging you couldn’t give up? Great! ShipBob doesn’t charge extra for packing/shipping your custom boxes, knowing the unboxing part of the brand experience is an important touch point.
- White label service. Whether you use your own packaging or take advantage of ShipBob’s free, plain brown boxes, packages won’t have our name printed anywhere but the shipping label.
- Fully integrated software. ShipBob’s proprietary, cloud-based software fully integrates with all of the popular e-commerce platforms, including WooCommerce, Shopify, and Amazon, allowing you and your customers to have a seamless experience from beginning to end.
- Inventory and order management. Keep track of inventory levels across ShipBob’s fully owned and operated warehouses, and get notifications when your products start running low. You can also track orders and easily answer customers questions through the same central dashboard.
- Two-day shipping. ShipBob guarantees two-day shipping at the best possible price from negotiating bulk discounts with major U.S. carriers including DHL, UPS, and USPS. Those savings are always passed onto you.
- Same-day turnaround. If an order rolls in before 2:00 PM, ShipBob will have it out the door the same day. This lets you compete with multi-national retailers, even if you’re a small business.
Fulfillment warehouses work in conjunction with the other services that third-party logistics providers offer their clients to ensure an efficient, effective system for order fulfillment.
Order fulfillment can be tricky to get right. Even though it seems like a simple concept, it has many moving parts that need to come together correctly for a customer to receive a package quickly, undamaged, and with the right documentation. It requires a smooth unloading process, so that warehouse staff can quickly find products right down to the bin number. Then, they must be packed so that they arrive safely, without any damage. This must be done in a way that ensures the correct products are packed with the correct documentation. Finally, the package must be processed with the correct shipping carrier and rate to ensure the fastest available delivery time.
If you are running out of space or in need of better shipping rates, using a fulfillment warehouse might be the best option for you.
Try ShipBob today.
It’s free and there is no commitment.
Find out for yourself how fulfillment warehouses can free up your space and time.