Pick and ship services are a core aspect of the services that ShipBob offers. It is a critical part of the order fulfillment process and needs to be streamlined to be as efficient and cost-effective as possible. Picking involves choosing items for an order from the warehouse, and shipping is determining the best carrier and price for each package that goes out.
ShipBob works with high volumes of orders, which has given them the ability to negotiate bulk discounts with all of the major U.S. carriers: FedEx, USPS, UPS, and DHL. Whether you’re shipping out 100 or 100,000 packages a day, you still get the same great price breaks and savings passed onto you.
For pick and ship services to be streamlined, a warehouse needs to carefully catalogue each item and its location so that employees can find products immediately within a large space. ShipBob employees can quickly and accurately pick a product from any one of their warehouses to get orders turned around quickly. In fact, if an order comes in before 2:00 PM, they’ll have it out the door the same day.
Once a product has been packed, it is then shipped. Shipping entails choosing the best carrier and price for each package based on the final destination, package size, and whether it has special considerations such as hazardous materials or if it needs refrigeration.
Online retailers find a lot of value in outsourcing the pick and ship processes, especially once their orders hit a hundred or more a month. At this volume, the storage space and resources needed become prohibitive for self-fulfillment.
ShipBob’s wide range of services include:
- Cloud-based software. ShipBob’s software is web-based, requiring no installation, and is so intuitive that it enables merchants to get set up in less than 15 minutes. It seamlessly integrates with all the major e-commerce platforms, including Magento, Amazon, and Shopify.
- Inventory management. You never have to run out of a product again with ShipBob’s easy-to-use inventory management features, including the proactive low inventory notifications that give you plenty of time to reorder product.
- Distributed inventory. ShipBob has a network of warehouses that are strategically located across the country, with many more warehouses to come. Regardless if your customers are on the West Coast or the Midwest, there is a warehouse nearby so they can get their orders delivered quickly at the lowest shipping price possible.
- Order management. From the moment an order is placed to the moment it reaches the customer’s doorstep, you can track its progress in ShipBob’s central dashboard. The information is updated in real-time, so you can answer customer questions acuurately and with confidence.
- Free returns management. A solid returns process is integral to any fulfillment process, and ShipBob offers free returns management to all clients. They’ll get your products back into the supply chain quickly.
- White label service. Your products should be all about you. ShipBob’s name will never appear on your box, nor do your customers have to know they exist.
- Free packing supplies. ShipBob doesn’t nickel and dime you. All of their packing supplies, including their plain brown boxes, are free of charge.
- World-class service. ShipBob is not just a vendor but a partner that’s always there to support you in whatever you need.
ShipBob offers an easy onboarding experience at no charge. When orders start rolling in, they’ll get to work to pick and ship your orders out as quickly as possible. Offering shipping services that are on par with national retailers – no matter your size – has never been easier.
Ready to see what ShipBob is all about?
Try it for free today with no commitment.