Order fulfillment software automates inventory management, picking, packing, shipping, and tracking processes. Fulfillment software is incredibly valuable to online merchants, whether they self-fulfill orders or use a third-party logistics provider like ShipBob.
Fulfillment software should integrate with your existing applications, such as e-commerce stores, to reduce the chance of human error and to increase efficiency. Integrated software can offer real-time updates, tracking information, and inventory management in an interactive, helpful manner.
Fulfillment software should include the following capabilities:
- Integrate with e-commerce software
- Create new orders
- Manually enter orders
- Search and edit orders
- View invoices
- View and manage inventory
- Offer inventory alerts
- Verify and process returns
- Run reports and generate advanced analytics
Fulfillment software decreases the likelihood of errors due to manual processes, saves time by utilizing automation, and streamlines the entire fulfillment process, whether a company self-fulfils or outsources fulfillment. Businesses that use ShipBob’s fulfillment software find a lot of value in the real-time tracking and order updates, which make customer service a breeze.
ShipBob offers cloud-based software that integrates with all the major e-commerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, and Amazon. ShipBob’s fulfillment software includes the following features:
- Cloud-based. ShipBob’s fulfillment software is hosted, providing automatic updates, tight security, and compatibility with any operating system or hardware. Because it’s cloud-based, ShipBob’s software requires no IT resources or strain and helps lower operating costs.
- Full integration. ShipBob’s fulfillment software fully integrates with all of the major e-commerce software solutions to create a seamless purchasing and fulfillment process. These integrations automate the entire fulfillment process, pushing information from one application to another. This helps reduce human errors associated with manual data entry, as well as picking, packing, and shipping.
- Month-to-month contracts. ShipBob’s software is licensed on a month-to-month basis, providing customers the freedom to decide what works best for their business, without being tied down to a long lease.
- Inventory tracking. ShipBob’s application uses past data to provide insight into how and where you should split your inventory between its strategically located warehouses. This is based on where most of your customers are located, to allow quicker shipping times and lower shipping costs. Additionally, ShipBob’s functionality keeps tabs on what’s in stock, offers notifications when inventory is getting low, and allows you to easily order more to keep up with demand.
- Order management. ShipBob provides total visibility into your orders from start to finish.
- Advanced filters. Search for what you need and save it for later. Filters include tracking number, order type, order inset date, has been picked, destination country, fulfillment center location, order cut-off, orders by batch ID, and many more.
- Advanced reporting. Keep track of what’s important, including peak fulfillment times, expense breakdowns, revenue of orders shipped by day, sales by channel, forecasted revenue, sales and quantity of orders by USPS zone, and much more.
- Returns management. ShipBob’s free automatic returns process gets your stock back in the supply chain quickly.
- Fast onboarding. You can get set up and ready to go in the system in as little as 15 minutes.
Choosing a third-party logistics provider like ShipBob will save time, reduce shipping costs, and increase customer satisfaction. Items will ship quicker, while you scale your growing business. ShipBob is designed to handle high volumes and quick turnarounds, so your customers get what they order as quick as possible, regardless if you’re shipping out 50 or 50,000 orders a month.
ShipBob relieves time-consuming administrative tasks, so that you can focus on what really matters – product development, customer acquisition, customer retention, and so on. ShipBob also helps you save in shipping costs with negotiated bulk shipping rate deals with all major U.S. carriers (USPS, UPS, and DHL). ShipBob automatically price checks every package to select the cheapest two-day shipping option, passing the savings onto customers.
Fulfillment software is essential for online merchants that want to grow their e-commerce business. It streamlines daily processes for faster turnaround times and increased customer satisfaction. ShipBob’s fulfillment software can help you optimize warehouse efficiency, improve accuracy for inventory and orders, and increase profitability.