Third-party logistics providers allow merchants to outsource the order fulfillment process. From warehousing to shipping, third-party logistics providers can streamline it all to enable merchants to focus on what they do best.
A third-party logistics provider will receive products from a merchant and store them until an order is placed online. At that point, the third-party logistics warehouse employees pick, pack, and ship the products to the customer. Third-party logistics providers, like ShipBob, can process orders the same day they are placed, so customers get orders as quickly as possible.
Third-party logistics providers are designed to efficiently handle high volumes of product on a daily basis. With this, comes a large number of benefits that are generally unavailable to merchants that self-fulfil orders. Third-party logistics providers can generally offer discounted shipping rates through high volumes with carriers. For example, ShipBob has negotiated discounted rates with the four major U.S. carriers, available for all clients. Third-party logistics providers can also get bulk discounts with packing supplies and other materials. ShipBob passes those savings on to customers, providing packaging supplies to clients for free.
With ShipBob, billing is transparent. They only charge for three things: when products arrive at a ShipBob warehouse, when they ship each order out, and the length of time the inventory is stored. Everything else is free, from the returns management process to their proprietary software. Clients will never be hit with unexpected fees.
ShipBob’s range of free services include:
- Inventory management. Keep track of your products across any combination of their warehouses in real-time. They’ll even send you notifications when inventory gets low, plenty of time in advance.
- Distributed inventory. Keep products at any of their strategically located warehouse locations across the country. You can store your products closer to your end customers which reduces both shipping costs and time in transit.
- Order management. All of the information you need to know about an order is updated in real-time in a central dashboard. From the moment an order rolls in, to when it’s shipped out, you’ll know what’s going on and how to track it. It’s easy to answer customer questions with confidence, because you’ll have all the information at your fingertips.
- Fast onboarding. You be up and running in 15 minutes or less. ShipBob’s software is easy to use, without an intensive training process.
- White label service. Your name is the only one that matters to your customers. ShipBob gets that, so every package can keep your brand front and center – not ShipBob’s.
- Returns management. The returns management is an integral part to any order fulfillment process, so ShipBob offers it as a service to clients at no extra cost. They’ll quickly get your products processed and back into the supply chain.
- World-class support. ShipBob stands as a partner. They exist to make your order fulfillment process successful and enjoyable for your customers. You can contact them time, day or night.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with the number of orders coming in, or have simply run out of space, choosing a third-party logistics company to outsource order fulfillment might be the right choice for you.
If you’re interested in trying ShipBob, you can do it for free with no strings attached.
Contact us today to get started.