Logistics companies are third-party fulfillment providers that offer order processing and services like warehousing, picking, packing, and shipping. Logistics companies receive, process, and store inventory from merchants When an order comes in, the logistics company jumps into action by picking, packing, and preparing the products for shipping. Then, logistics companies will run cost comparisons between the major U.S. carriers to determine which carrier offers the best rate.
Logistics companies like ShipBob can process incoming orders and prepare them for shipment on the same day, which increases service times and customer satisfaction. For many retailers, online and brick-and-mortar, they will find that their customer satisfaction goes up and their costs go down when they switch to using a logistics company instead of self-fulfillment.
Logistics companies are designed to handle high volumes of orders quickly and accurately. This means that logistics companies can often offer lower shipping prices than individual merchants can secure on their own. For example, ShipBob has negotiated with USPS, UPS, and DHL for bulk shipping discounts. These are discounts we pass directly onto our customers. Even when our customers are not shipping hundreds of thousands of orders a month, they get the same shipping prices as if they were. We’re proud to offer this price discount with a two-day shipping guarantee, allowing smaller merchants to compete with national retailers.
Logistics companies often offer a range of services, and not all logistics companies are created equal. ShipBob offers ecommerce fulfillment services to our customers that include:
- Distributed inventory. Divide your inventory across our network of fulfillment centers. Your products will be closer to your end customers, which means two things: faster delivery times for them and lower shipping costs for you.
- Free cloud software. Our software is easy to use and offers our customers a granular level of control over their inventory and order management. Whether you need information to answer a customer question or want to know when you should reorder inventory, everything you need is at your fingertips. Our software also integrates with all of the major e-commerce platforms, including Shopify, Amazon, and WooCommerce.
- Branded packaging. Put your brand front and center by using your own packaging, or use free unbranded packaging — all on us. Your customers will never see ShipBob’s branding.
- World-class support. Have a question or concern? We’re here for you. The only thing we pride ourselves on more than our fulfillment services is our customer service.
Merchants that will benefit most from investing in the services of logistics companies are those that finding themselves answering yes to one or more of these scenarios:
- Merchants whose sales fluctuate seasonally or with the holidays.
- Brick-and-mortar merchants interested in expanding to an online store.
- Merchants with no warehouse space.
- Merchants struggling with slow delivery times, mis-picks and mis-ships, and customer frustrations regarding the fulfillment process.
- Merchants that simply cannot process all of the orders they receive in a timely fashion.
- Merchants that want to free up employee time to work on more than administrative tasks.
ShipBob was built with you in mind. Keep the control you want over your fulfillment process without the hassle of managing it all yourself.
If you are ready to make the switch to ShipBob, get in touch today for a free, no-strings-attached trial period.