Squarespace is best known for its easy-to-use website builder that offers an all-in-one solution. With Squarespace, you can have an ecommerce store up and running quickly.
Like most ecommerce platforms, Squarespace offers the essential features needed for managing an ecommerce business like payment processing, product management, and checkout capabilities.
But to get the most out of Squarespace, third-party integrations offer more advanced solutions like fulfilment logistics, conversion optimisation, live chat, ads management, email marketing, and more.
In this post, we’ll highlight the best Squarespace integrations you can use to improve and optimise the ecommerce functionality of your online store.
Top 7 Squarespace integrations for ecommerce shops
There are hundreds of tools and apps that can integrate with Squarespace. From digital marketing to retail order fulfilment, here are seven of the best Squarespace integrations for ecommerce:
ShipBob is a third-party logistics (3PL) partner that helps automate order fulfilment for orders that come in through your online store.
As the first and only 3PL partner of Squarespace, the ShipBob integration lets you easily sync your store, products, and more. Once integrated, you can start sending ecommerce inventory to one or more ShipBob’s fulfilment centre locations. Orders are automatically sent to ShipBob for fulfilment and a unique tracking number is generated.
- Native integration: As one of the first Extensions available for Squarespace, ShipBob can be connected to your Squarespace store with just a few clicks.
- Outsource fulfilment: By outsourcing fulfilment, you won’t have to worry about managing your own warehouse and in-house fulfilment.
- 2-day shipping: By offering an Amazon-like experience, you can offer customers the option to have their products delivered fast, while scaling up quickly.
- Inventory management: ShipBob offers built-in inventory management software that provides inventory tracking in real-time and demand forecasting tools.
- Order management: Easily track your orders by status, search for specific orders, and get full visibility into the entire fulfilment process (when an order is picked, packed, shipped, returned, etc.).
- Shipping discounts: Get shipping discounts from major couriers, including UPS, USPS, FedEx, and DHL.
By integrating your Squarespace store with ShipBob, you won’t need to manage ecommerce shipping anymore — ShipBob handles all of that for you.
Many ecommerce businesses rely on live chat and chatbots to answer customer questions immediately and to improve the user experience. By connecting Intercom with Squarespace, you can add live chat and automated chatbots to your site.
With Intercom, you can offer 24/7 support through your website. Humans can get involved when needed, but Intercom offers robust functionality designed to help customers without human assistance. Intercom also has many integrations available to help customers check on the status of their orders.
- 24/7 chatbot availability: Set up chatbots to automatically answer customer questions at any time.
- Live chat: Chat with customers in real-time to help them with any questions or support they might need.
- Marketing features: Set up event-based triggers to communicate with your customers as they visit certain web pages, abandon their carts, or request support.
By connecting Intercom with Squarespace, you’re able to improve your customer support process and build trust with your customers.
3. Adobe Fonts
Your website’s fonts can have a surprising impact on how people perceive your brand. Squarespace partners with Adobe Fonts, which offers 1,000 different fonts to use for your Squarespace store. All fonts are cleared for commercial use so you don’t have to pay for licensing.
- Over 1,000 available fonts
- Easy-to-install fonts that automatically update your website pages
- Licensed and cleared for commercial and personal use
Abobe Fonts is one of the many ways Squarespace makes it easy to build beautiful websites without the need to ask a designer or developer for help.
4. Google Analytics
If you’re running an ecommerce business, website analytics are required if you want to build a website that converts sales. Connecting Google Analytics with Squarespace makes it easy to track website traffic, digital campaigns, conversions, and overall online store performance.
With every order made on your Squarespace store, the following information gets sent to your Google Analytics account:
- Order ID
- Purchase total, including shipping
- Customer’s city, region, and country
- Product name
- Website traffic: Track how many visitors and recurring visitors you get daily, monthly, or yearly.
- Referral tracking: Track referrals from other websites to gauge where traffic is coming from.
- Easy segmenting and filtering: Segment your audiences to get a deeper analysis of conversions.
- Goals tracking: Track your conversion goals to ensure your conversion rates are high.
Google Analytics can help make smarter, continuous improvements to your website to understand customer behaviour and drive more sales.
Hotjar is a Squarespace third-party app that helps you track users on your site so you can improve user experience (UX) and conversion funnels. By integrating Hotjar with your Squarespace account, you can gain insights into what parts of your website are converting and what’s not.
That way, you can make improvements to your website’s design and functionality to increase conversion rates. Hotjar can be used to track individual pages, like a landing page, but it can also track your entire website.
- Mobile and desktop tracking: Track how users interact with your site on mobile devices and desktops.
- Heatmaps: Track where users are clicking or tapping for each page on your website.
- Scroll maps: See how far users are scrolling on your website’s pages, which can help you decide the placement for a call to action.
- User recordings: Watch recordings of how users are interacting with your website to see where improvements can be made.
- Onsite feedback polls: Survey users in real-time to get valuable data about your website.
With UX solutions like Hotjar, you’re able to build a powerful Squarespace site that converts.
Mailchimp is one of the leading email marketing platforms for ecommerce businesses. By connecting Mailchimp with Squarespace, you can manage email campaigns, create landing pages and popups, build your subscription list, and more.
- Free up to 2,000 contacts
- High-quality email templates: Mailchimp comes with beautiful email templates designed for mobile to help your brand stand out. You can also import or code your own designs.
- A/B testing capabilities: A/B test emails and landing pages to see what converts better.
- Landing pages: Create high-performing optimised landing pages to promote new deals, products, and offers.
- Ads: Set up and track ads for both Google and Facebook campaigns through Mailchimp. You can use your Mailchimp audiences to further segment and improve targeting.
Mailchimp is an easy way to build a customer list to keep them up to date with what’s new on your Squarespace site and keep them engaged.
Collecting and displaying positive reviews are great ways to build a positive online reputation. Wiremo integrates with your Squarespace account to make it easy to collect customer reviews and publicly show off those reviews. With this integration, you can automatically send customers review requests in an email or a landing page.
- Insightful feedback: Use customer reviews to find improvement opportunities for your products, shipping, customer service, and other areas of your business.
- Integrated SEO functionality: Wiremo displays review scores on Google Search results to improve conversions.
- Rewards and loyalty: Create rewards programs to give special rewards to your most loyal customers.
- User-generated content: Collect photos from your customers to use in reviews or marketing campaigns.
Positive reviews help ecommerce brands attract customers and stay competitive. By automating the process, you save time while continuously collecting customer feedback.
Improve Squarespace ecommerce sales with ShipBob
ShipBob easily integrates with your Squarespace site to automate shipping and fulfilment processes. With ShipBob, you save on time and headaches that come with warehouse management and fulfiling orders on time.
With ShipBob, merchants can grow their ecommerce business by tapping into an international fulfilment network (with locations in the US, UK, Europe, Canada, and Australia) and a fully owned tech stack that helps to improve transit times and lower shipping costs.
“ShipBob has definitely adapted to our growth. They keep getting better and better, helping brands grow and expand at a ratio that other 3PLs might be a few years behind.”
Matt Dryfhout, Founder & CEO of BAKblade
ShipBob also offers the option to split inventory across multiple fulfilment centres (also known as distributed inventory) to get orders shipped to customers quickly and affordably. This allows you to reduce the number of shipping zones a product must travel through to reach its destination.
ShipBob’s native integration with Squarespace
Most Squarespace integrations require injecting code to your website or using a custom API to get the integration set up. With ShipBob’s native Squarespace integration, you can integrate with just a few clicks and get started shipping Squarespace orders in no time. No technical expertise or developer help is needed.
ShipBob is one of the featured Extensions on the Squarespace third-party app store
Squarespace’s Extensions are a fairly new feature available to Squarespace sites. Squarespace chose ShipBob to be a featured Extension and the only end-to-end fulfilment provider. And ShipBob continues to be one of the most trustworthy Squarespace third-party apps.
Integrations, plugins, and apps for Squarespace
Like other ecommerce platforms, the Squarespace app store is known as Squarespace Extensions, where you can seamlessly connect Squarespace third-party apps with your Squarespace account to optimise your ecommerce site.
Squarespace Extensions offers a handful of integrations, plugins, and apps that are carefully handpicked by Squarespace, and the list will continue to grow.
Enhancing your Squarespace website with third-party integrations can help you optimise your online store to create an end-to-end ecommerce solution. With Squarespace Extensions, it’s never been easier to improve conversion rates, build customer relationships, and get orders fulfiled quickly and affordably.
ShipBob partners with Squarespace to help ecommerce brands automate the fulfilment process. If you’re looking to integrate a fulfilment solution with your online store, click the button to request a quote.