Columbus Ecommerce Fulfilment ServicesRequest a Quote
Growing ecommerce businesses oftentimes will reach a point where order volume is increasing faster than they can scale fulfilment. This leads to fulfilment errors, disorganised inventory and order management processes, and inefficient shipping. That’s why many businesses turn to a third-party logistics (3PL) partner for help.
Tech-enabled 3PLs have the tools, resources, infrastructure, and professionals to scale fulfilment quickly, but not all 3PLs are created alike. ShipBob is a 3PL with a growing fulfilment centre network that doesn’t just take care of order fulfilment for you, but helps you ship more efficiently, reduce shipping costs, and deliver packages faster.
We support our merchants by offering what is known as ‘distributed inventory.’ By splitting inventory across multiple fulfilment centres, you can reduce the number of shipping zones each shipment must travel through, so packages make it to their destination faster and at a more affordable price.
“Last July, Prymal reached $40,000 in revenue. After switching to ShipBob just four months later in November, we are reaching $160,000 a month in revenue — that’s 300% growth. We’re also saving $8,000 per month in fulfilment costs.”
Courtney Lee, founder of Prymal
ShipBob’s Columbus fulfilment services
Fulfilment touches on so many different parts of your business, from order management and inventory management, to shipping orders. ShipBob streamlines all of this into a single, straightforward fulfilment logistics process. Here’s how it works:
1. Connect your store to ShipBob’s proprietary technology.
2. Ship your products to one or more of our fulfilment centres.
3. ShipBob is notified automatically when orders are placed at your store, and orders are routed to the fulfilment centre located closest to the customer.
4. Our professionals pack and ship the order, with tracking info forwarded to the customer.
Order and inventory management
Many ecommerce businesses lack an order and inventory management software to help keep inventory and orders organised. This leads to fulfilment errors, poor warehouse management, and inefficient shipping. Partner with ShipBob and you get built-in order and inventory management tools:
- View inventory counts at each fulfilment centre
- Set reorder points so you’ve always got enough product in the right place
- Search for orders from your dashboard
- Track the progress of shipments
Incisive reports and analytics
Consolidating your order management, inventory management, and fulfilment into a single platform puts all your most valuable data in a single place. ShipBob’s free analytics tool offers full visibility into the entire fulfilment process along with real-time data on our fulfilment performance, transit times, demand forecasting, and your total costs. Get answers to questions like:
- Which states do I ship the most orders to?
- Which orders haven’t been delivered yet?
- How much inventory do I currently have on hand at each ShipBob fulfilment centre?
- What were my historical stock levels at any point in time in any location?
- How many days do I have left until a SKU will be out of stock?
- By when do I need to reorder inventory for each product?
- What is the average cart value and shipping cost by shipping method and order?
- How much money would I save on shipping if I changed the fulfilment centre locations my inventory is in?
- And much more
The shorter transit distances and reduced shipping costs you get with distributed inventory lets you offer two-day shipping to all your customers no matter where they live.
What makes ShipBob the best 3PL in Columbus
ShipBob’s goal is to optimise your shipping in a way that truly changes your business. Our ecommerce clients derive a number of benefits from being able to offer fast, cheap shipping to their customers. Here are a few.
Shipping margins improve
Using a national network of fulfilment centres instead of a single Columbus fulfilment warehouse gets you better shipping rates. Bed and bath brand Bathorium decreased their shipping costs by 70% after partnering with ShipBob, while increasing delivery speed at the same time.
“ShipBob was the obvious solution for us. They align very well with Shopify and don’t have older, archaic technology like other 3PLs.”
Greg MacDonald, CEO & Founder of Bathorium
Cart abandonment goes down
One of the main causes of cart abandonment is shipping options that are too expensive or take too long. Speeding up delivery times and bringing down costs makes customers more likely to spend. MyCalmBlanket, a company that sells weighted blankets, saw their cart abandonment decrease by 18% after partnering with ShipBob.
“With ShipBob’s 2-Day Express Program, we’ve seen an 18% reduction in cart abandonment.”
Founder of My Calm Blanket
Average order value goes up
Average order value (AOV) goes up for the same reason cart abandonment goes down: customers spend more when there’s fast, cheap shipping options. Rainbow OPTX partnered with ShipBob and saw a 24% increase in average order value once they started offering two-day shipping.
“It was kind of like magic — my orders were imported into ShipBob from my Shopify Plus website and started getting fulfiled right away. I didn’t have to do anything. And since then, we’ve grown 115% and experienced 2.5 times more order volume — all fulfiled by ShipBob.”
Noel Churchill, Owner and CEO of Rainbow OPTX
Seamless integrations with the biggest players in ecommerce
ShipBob offers direct, pre-built integrations with top ecommerce platforms including Shopify, BigCommerce, Squarespace, WooCommerce, and more.
Merchants of all sizes can easily connect their online store to ShipBob’s technology and leverage leading ecommerce apps, or utilise the Developer API to have ShipBob fulfil orders automatically and reliably.
Knowing the right time to outsource fulfilment to a 3PL
Many ecommerce businesses come to a point in growth when orders are flowing in faster than they can efficiently and accurately fulfil them. The results can be damaging: delayed shipments, fulfilment mistakes, messy warehouses, and frantic fulfilment teams. 3PLs can solve all of this for your ecommerce business, and more. Here are some common clues that your business might be ready:
- You don’t have the manpower to keep up with order volume
- You lack the drive or interest in building your own distribution system
- Your fulfilment team is making too many errors and you’re losing sales
- You are using one Columbus fulfilment centre and cannot offer your customers outside of Ohio fast shipping
Request a quote
Enter your details below and we’ll be in touch to learn more about your ecommerce business.
Request Fulfilment Pricing
A fulfilment expert will get back to you shortly.