A fulfillment center is a third-party provider that allows merchants to outsource the order fulfillment process, from warehousing and picking to packing and shipping. Self-fulfillment can be time-consuming and inefficient. The time, effort, and costs associated with fulfilling orders in-house quickly creep up as a company grows, and become too much for what their worth, from staff wages to packaging supplies. Merchants that choose to outsource fulfillment to a third-party eliminate the need to store products on site and/or expensive warehouse space.
If you’ve wondered what a fulfillment center is and how a fulfillment center might benefit your business, consider these services offered by ShipBob:
- Distributed inventory. ShipBob has hundreds of thousands of square feet of warehouse space across their network of fulfillment centers. You can store inventory in each warehouse to keep your products closer to your customers. Not only does splitting inventory reduce the cost of shipping but it also speeds up delivery times.
- Inventory management. Avoid selling out of products with ShipBob’s easy-to-use inventory management system. You can keep tabs on your stock and even receive low inventory notifications, so you can re-order more product with plenty of time. (By the way, their software is free!)
- Order management. Confidently answer customer questions from a central dashboard that’s updated in real-time. You’ll always know where an order is during every step of the fulfillment process.
- White label service. Your brand is the one that your customers should see, so a package shipped from a ShipBob warehouse will never have their name on it. Your customers don’t have to know you are outsourcing fulfillment.
- Discounted shipping rates. ShipBob works closely with major U.S. carriers (DHL, UPSPS, and UPS) and has negotiated bulk discounts with all of them to ensure all clients are getting the best rates possible. Regardless if you’re doing 200 orders a month or 20,000, you’ll always get the best price breaks.
- Free packaging. ShipBob doesn’t think you should have to pay for packaging materials, so they never charge for their plain brown boxes or packing supplies.
- Two-day shipping. Compete with multi-national retailers by offering your customers two-day shipping within the continental United States.
- Fast, easy onboarding. Get set up and ready to go in 15 minutes or less.
- World-class customer service. ShipBob believes their customers are partners. You can contact them at any time, and they’ll be there to support you.
With ShipBob, you’ll quickly see what a fulfillment center of choice is and realize why so many merchants trust them with their fulfillment needs.
Fulfillment centers streamline the order fulfillment process, from inventory management and warehouse management to shipping. Fulfillment centers are designed to handle high volumes of orders, efficiently error-free. They reduce the number of mis-picks and mis-ships, because fulfillment center staff do not juggle multiple tasks like an e-commerce business owner; They are trained and focused on their specific tasks.
Many ShipBob customers find great value in the strategy behind distributed inventory. When items are fulfilled on one side of the country and shipped to the other, delivery times and shipping rates can get way up there. Today’s customers are accustomed to quick shipping. With ShipBob’s method of distributed inventory, you can strategically place products closer to your end customer. Then, orders are shipped from the fulfillment center closest to the customer.
Additionally, if you have a temporary spike in sales of an item in one location and you run out, other fulfillment centers across the country can step in to either share inventory or fulfil orders instead, so your customers don’t experience a break in service.
Are you ready to discover what a great fulfillment center is?
Try ShipBob today for free with no commitment.