Product fulfillment companies are third-party logistics providers that allow online merchants to outsource warehousing, packing, and shipping orders. A product fulfillment company can receive products from online merchants or directly from the factory for processing, storage, and shipment. When an order comes in, the product fulfillment company automatically picks, packs, and ships the order. Product fulfillment companies, like ShipBob can process incoming orders and ship them the same day. This ensures speedy processing and delivery times for your customers.
Product fulfillment companies are designed to efficiently handle high volumes of product. This brings many benefits, including bulk shipping discounts with mail carriers. ShipBob has negotiated discounted rates with the top U.S. carriers: USPS, UPS, and DHL. ShipBob is proud to offer all of its customers guaranteed two-day shipping at a lower rate.
Product fulfillment companies often offer a mix of services. ShipBob offers the following services:
- Distributed inventory. Strategically split your inventory between any of ShipBob’s multiple warehouses across the US to ensure your products are close to your customers. This helps increase shipping times and decrease shipping costs.
- Inventory management. Keep track of your product across sources and receive alerts when you’re running low and need to order more. Ensure that your products stay in stock to keep your customers happy.
- Order management. Gain visibility into the entire lifecycle of any order. Answer questions and communicate directly with customers with ease from ShipBob’s central dashboard.
- A central dashboard. All the information you need in one place – from tracking inventory to forecasting sales revenue. You can even interact with customers through the easy-to-use interface. ShipBob integrates with all major e-commerce software, including WooCommerce, Shopify, and Amazon.
- Branded packaging. ShipBob makes it easy to keep your brand front and center. Whether you want to use your own custom branded packaging or take advantage of free plain boxes, the focus is never on ShipBob.
- World-class support. ShipBob is here to help whenever you need it, day or night.
- Fast onboarding. It takes less than 15 minutes to get set up in the system.
Product fulfillment companies streamline inventory management and storage, order fulfillment, and warehouse logistics. Most companies don’t go into business to pack boxes. Product fulfillment companies are built to excel at working quickly to fulfill high volumes of product in a much more efficient way than one company could handle themselves.
Unless shipping is a core aspect or competency of your business, a product fulfillment company can help by reducing shipping costs while improving your customer’s experience. Additionally, many companies find that as they grow, they become more limited in warehouse and storage space. When partnering with a product fulfillment company, online merchants can often save money by ordering larger quantities from the factory and getting product discounts for bulk orders.
Online merchants that will benefit the most from partnering with a product fulfillment company are likely experiencing one or more of the following situations:
- They have no warehouse space
- Their business tends to fluctuate seasonally
- They pay an arm and leg for shipping and/or have slow delivery times
- They are trying to expand into new markets
- They want to reduce administrative tasks for their employees and reassign their time to higher value-add activities
- They are too busy to fulfill orders
Product fulfillment companies are a powerful ally for any e-commerce company that is interested in expanding their business, reducing administrative strain, or improving customer service. Product fulfillment companies offer a wide range of services that reduce both operational and capital expenses while providing tremendous value.
ShipBob is offering new customers a no-commitment free trial. Contact us today to get started!