Fulfillment service is the outsourcing of warehousing, picking, packing, and shipping orders as they come in to a merchant. Third-party logistics providers, like ShipBob, streamline the fulfillment process for e-commerce companies to reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction. Merchants that want to reduce administrative tasks, infrastructure costs, and staffing needs should consider a fulfillment service like ShipBob.
ShipBob offers many perks to its customers, including:
- Onboarding in 15 minutes. Getting set up with ShipBob is extremely easy. All you need to do is connect your store in a few clicks, and start using the intuitive software.
- Distributed inventory. With our various warehouses strategically placed across the country, you can store your products closer to your customer to reduce shipping expenses and delivery times.
- Bulk shipping discounts. Whether you’re shipping only a few packages or thousands a month, you’ll benefit from the rates we’ve negotiated with all the major U.S. carriers.
- Two-day shipping. Compete with large national retailers by offering fast shipping at reasonable prices.
- Manage inventory. Keep track of your products through our central dashboard. You’ll receive notifications if you start to run low on product, so you can replenish inventory.
- Order management. Easily track packages and answer customer questions using ShipBob’s cloud-based software. All the information you need will be at your fingertips.
- Multiple users. Add as many of your staff as users to your account to ensure everyone has appropriate access and information.
- Free returns management. ShipBob handles return processing for free to get your products back into your supply line as fast as possible.
- Dedicated account manager. Your fulfillment service will run smoothly with your dedicated account manager overseeing everything.
- White label service. ShipBob will pack your orders in your own custom branded packaging, so that your brand is front and center. Packages won’t have our name printed anywhere but the shipping label.
- Free packing materials. ShipBob offers free plain brown boxes to package your products, so your customers don’t experience a brand other than yours.
- World-class support. When you need help, ShipBob is here for you as a dedicated fulfillment service partner.
The right fulfillment service automates a huge arm of your distribution. A third-party provider can help streamline your inventory management, customer service, and returns process. ShipBob helps reduce errors by keeping high standards to avoid mis-picks and mis-ships. They also help prevent stockouts and overselling by providing notifications to let you know if you’re running low on a product.
Unless fulfillment service is a core aspect of your business, chances are that ShipBob can do it more efficiently and save you money at the same time. ShipBob is built to handle high volumes of shipments and helps you compete on a national level with same-day shipping that arrives to your customers within two days.
ShipBob’s distributed inventory system reduces costs and shipping times. Your products can be stored and shipped from closer to your customers across the country using a combination of any of the warehouses in Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, and more. ShipBob automatically price checks the shipping cost of each package sent to ensure that you are getting the best shipping times for the lowest cost, passing those savings onto you. Distributed inventory also acts as an insurance policy to avoid selling out, as inventory can be shared between warehouses and other distribution centers if you run out in one location.
A fulfillment service is a powerful tool for online merchants of all sizes. Whether your business is a startup, a well-established brick-and-mortar shop, or even a Kickstarter project, ShipBob has the capacity to handle your picking, packing, and shipping needs.
Take control of your fulfillment service from start to finish with the right fulfillment partner. Avoid high shipping fees and offer your customers top-notch service.
Still not sure? You can try ShipBob yourself for free. No strings attached.