Fulfillment company shipping is the outsourcing the order fulfillment process to a third-party logistics provider (3PL). A fulfillment company ships products on behalf of an online retailers by picking an order, packing it, weighing the packed box, and determining the fastest and most cost-effective shipping method. Fulfillment company shipping reduces the cost of order fulfillment through bulk discounts with both shipping and packing supplies. Merchants who sell more than a hundred orders a month will benefit the most from partnering with a fulfillment company for shipping.
Fulfillment shipping can range in complexity from a small standard product to thousands of large products. Each order needs to be evaluated to determine the correct packing method to ensure that it arrives safely to the customer. Additional requirements like hazardous materials, international shipping, or refrigeration further complicate the fulfillment company shipping process.
Fulfillment company shipping also often includes a tracking number that is sent to both the client and their end customer, so that both can follow the delivery of the order.
ShipBob has negotiated discounted shipping rates with the four major U.S. carriers: FedEx, DHL, UPS, and USPS. Whether you’re shipping 100 or 100,000 orders a month, you can take advantage of these discounted rates. ShipBob automatically determines which shipping method is the best deal for each client and each order.
ShipBob offers its customers many benefits for fulfillment company shipping:
- Bulk discounts. It doesn’t matter how many orders you ship out a month, you always get the savings passed directly onto you.
- Two-day shipping. Compete with multi-national retailers with two-day shipping for all of your customers who are based within the continental United States.
- Same-day shipping. All orders that are placed before 2:00 PM are shipped out the same day so your customers get their orders as quick as possible.
- Distributed inventory. ShipBob makes it possible to further reduce the cost of shipping by allowing you to split your inventory between their network of warehouses. The less distance traveled, the more money you save and the quicker your customers get their order.
- Sophisticated software. ShipBob’s cloud-based software is free and easy to use. All information is updated in real-time and accessible from the central dashboard. Whether you need to track an order or dig deep into data with advanced reporting, the information is at your fingertips.
- Branded packaging. Unboxing an order is an extension of the brand experience. That’s why ShipBob lets customers use their own branded packaging. If you choose to forgo custom packaging, you can take advantage of ShipBob’s free plain brown boxes and shipping supplies to further reduce your fulfillment costs.
- Order management. Answer your customers’ questions immediately and confidently with all order information easily accessible and updated in real-time.
Fulfillment company shipping is a critical aspect of a logistics provider’s services. Consumers are now accustomed to nothing less than fast and accurate shipping. ShipBob’s services provide your customers with a shopping experience that is on par with the largest retailers.
While fulfillment company shipping is a standard offering of logistics providers, it can be difficult to find a partner with the best price and best service. ShipBob simplifies pricing to make your costs easy to understand and calculate.
ShipBob only charges for three things: when your products arrive at a warehouse, the amount of time they stay there, and when they are shipped out. Everything else they provide – from returns to branded packaging – is a complimentary service. You won’t discover any hidden fees or unexpected charges.
Ready to get started? Try ShipBob today for free.